Monday 2 February 2009

invitation & instructions


Thanks for coming to look at the pom-pom project.

My aim is to bring together the international craft community and show what we can do by creating blossom in the winter, bringing colour and beauty from a simple gesture of kindness/community.

If you are interested, I would love you to;

- Make me a large , luscious woolly pom-pom (at least 6 inches plus!) in the colours of the sea and the sky.

- Add a nice long ribbon from recycled fabric or whatever you can get your hands on (at least 16 inches either side/drop length).

- Photograph your pom-pom in an interesting way and add it to this group, letting everyone know where you are from.

- Post your POM-POM to me at:

The Pom-Pom Project
Arts Development
Bournemouth Library
22 The Triangle
Bournemouth
BH2 5RQ
UK


Repeat as many times as you like - make & post as many as you wish.

Enjoy making the pom-poms in the sunshine, then when the leaves drop from the trees and the nights start getting longer, I will show you how your pom-pom has been used. Hopefully we will have all worked together to make something spectacular and beautiful.

I don't want to bore you on here, so please flickr mail me for any further info or questions.

Thank you so much for participating.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for pompom inspiration today for my webpage to add to a photo of my son pompoming this morning and cam across you and your idea - fantastic, how is it going? I shall link you on our site
    www.thecrafthive.com
    Have you any pompoms from Tasmania/Australia?
    Thanks for the inspiration
    queen@thecrafthive.com
    alias Kristan

    ReplyDelete